Hi! My name is Ashlee, and I'm a small town girl from Texas. I'm currently enrolled in college, pursing a degree as a 4-8 Math teacher. I get a lot of crazy looks when I say that, but I can't wait! I have an amazing family - they are my back bone. I also have a wonderful boyfriend, whom I've been with for a year. He inspires me to be myself and not to care about what others think (I tend to be really shy!!). We love to go fishing on the weekends - it's so relaxing to be on the water and not have a care in the world.
Anyways, I guess I should get around to the point of starting this blog! Sometimes I have a hard time staying focused on my goal, and I need something that's going to hold me accountable on my journey. If I commit to posting every Friday, which is also my weigh-in day, I feel that it should help - I won't want to post with a gain because I got off track.
I realized I needed to lose weight when I stepped on the scale sometime around Christmas, and it read 208 in big red numbers. Wow - that was the most I've ever weighed. I've been yo-yo dieting for about a year now with a little loss here and there then I'd gain that plus more back. I've recently come to the realization that it's not about dieting - it's about making a lifestyle change! I've began watching my portion sizes and eating mostly meals that are high in protein. I try to run at least 3 times a week on the treadmill, as well as lifting weights.
I realized I needed to lose weight when I stepped on the scale sometime around Christmas, and it read 208 in big red numbers. Wow - that was the most I've ever weighed. I've been yo-yo dieting for about a year now with a little loss here and there then I'd gain that plus more back. I've recently come to the realization that it's not about dieting - it's about making a lifestyle change! I've began watching my portion sizes and eating mostly meals that are high in protein. I try to run at least 3 times a week on the treadmill, as well as lifting weights.
I have set a couple of goals, but I'm still working on the others.
Goal 1: Run a 5K in May
Goal 2: Weigh 170 by June 1st
My ultimate goal is to weigh 140. As I figure out other short term goals, I'll add them. I'm still trying to figure out how to set goals realistically.
Today - I'm recommitting to this journey and starting my blog weighing in at 185.6.
Until next time,
Ashlee

No comments:
Post a Comment