Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss

Saturday, April 2, 2011

C25K

In yesterday's post, I mentioned a little bit about my work outs. I've been doing interval training on the treadmill. I started out walking 1 minute then running 1 minute. Now, I'm up to running 2:30 minutes then walking 30 seconds for about 25 minutes.


For whatever reason, I woke up this morning with this over-whelming urge to run outside. So I did some research on tips for transitioning from the treadmill to outside running. While exploring around the pages and clicking on various links, I kept reading things about C25K and how great it was! So I googled it and this is what I found....


C25K is a 9-week program that helps beginners, or "couch potatoes", train for a 5K. While I don't consider myself a "couch potato" anymore, I thought this would be a great way to get myself adjusted to running outside since I am a beginner in that aspect. I've always heard running on a treadmill is a lot easier than running outside because the belt pulls your feet and there's no wind resistance, rough terrain, etc.


I've decided to start this program today! This puts my finish date of the program on Friday, June 3rd. My first goal was to run a 5K in May, but I've decided to move it to the beginning of June. I've talked my mom into running my first 5K with me so I won't be doing it alone; she's ran some races before so she knows how registration and the whole process works. 

I also won't be training by myself. 


This is Josie, woman's best friend. She's the most energetic, loving, and loyal pup I've ever had! We live in an apartment with no backyard, which means she doesn't get to go outside as much as she loves to. So who else better to train with?!


I'm so excited to start C25K!! 


Ashlee

No comments:

Post a Comment