Last Week: 185.2
This Week: 185.2
Result: +/- 0
Well.. Kind of a let down that I didn't lose anything. But at least I didn't gain, right?
I've been thinking about my diet.. and it's gone down hill a lot lately. I started this journey eating strictly lean meats and green veggies - that's it! Considering I can be a very picky eater, I was eating the same foods over and over, and I guess it just got monotonous. Although I'm not going over my calorie goal, the foods I'm eating aren't always the best choices. For instance, yesterday, I didn't eat much.. probably only 500 calories by dinner - but at dinner, I had way too much spaghetti and some ice cream. Not healthy - at all.
Not only is my diet suffering, but so is my exercise. Not necessarily my cardio - but my weight training. I run on the treadmill everyday, and I even took my first cycling class this week. But I know one of the biggest parts of losing weight is strength training. And, besides doing the 30 Day Shred, I haven't done any in weeks.
My goal these next few weeks is to start reverting back to the changes I made when I first started this journey - the changes that feed my body what it is asking for - the changes that helped me drop 20 pounds - and most of all, the changes that made me feel better about myself.
I plan on going back to my lean meat/green veggie diet, while also adding in other healthy options from time to time. For instance, Greek yogurt.. fruit.. oatmeal.. Egg Beaters. I'm also going to add my strength training routine back to my exercise. If I've had time to become hooked on Desperate Housewives (darn Netflix!!) that means I also have time to get myself healthier!!
Ash

Hello!! I love your blog!! Ok, first off, thanks for visiting mine. Second of all, if you read mine regularly please skip over any of my whiny posts about school/teaching/my-horrible-rotten-8th-graders because I don't want to ruin your exciting outlook on life and your future career. Thirdly, I'm SO impressed that you are running every day on the treadmill and such! That's awesome!!! Fourthly (I don't even know if that's a word, but I'm going with it), I find largely restrictive diets pretty much impossible for me to follow on a long term basis, and I think (because obviously my opinion should matter in your life even though we've never met and I could be a crazy-creeper-chick for all you know) adding in those other healthy foods is going to be much easier for you to keep up. When I started really focusing on trying to lose weight for good, I took a lot of time browsing sites online looking at all the different options for diets. One of my most favorite books is Jillian Michaels' Master Your Metabolism. It really educated me on healthy, clean, organic eating. I highly recommend doing lots and lots and lots of research - knowledge is power (I know you respect the value of a good education considering you are a future educator yourself)! Well, I'm looking forward to keeping up with your posts!! Good luck!!!!! :)
ReplyDelete