Weigh In #5: 182.6
This Week: 182
Result: -0.6
Well I didn't weigh in last week because TOM was visiting, and I was extremely discouraged seeing that number on the scale jump up 4 pounds!! Damn TOM!! I hope my dad doesn't find this.. his name is Tom haha Despite the increase on the scale, I still ate right and did my cardio and strength training. Except for yesterday.
Yesterday, I wanted to up root my whole life and move... anywhere but Texas. I just sat in my floor and cried for a little while because I knew that couldn't and wouldn't happen. Then I did what I always do and made a much less drastic change in my life.. I took all my clothes out of my dresser and threw out things I never wear.. I took all my things off the shelves and pictures off the walls and re-arranged my furniture..
Boyfriend got off work early and brought me a banana sno cone.. first thing I had eaten all day.. yum!! He started noticing I was very irritable and snappy.. which led to me telling him WHY I re-arranged my whole room. We decided to go see Pirates of the Caribbean and on our way, boyfriend said he wanted to talk to me about something. He said he's started noticing a pattern over the past year and a half.. he said every few months, he's noticed that I either cut my hair or want to move or quit my job.
We got popcorn and chocolate covered almonds and found our seats in the theater. I couldn't focus on the movie.. I just kept thinking about the conversation we had on our way. and the more and more I thought about it, the more I realized he is right.
I'm not 100% sure what causes these funks.. but I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with my thyroid medication. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 8 years ago. and I've been on medication ever since. When I was 19, I decided to quit taking it for about a year. After getting my ass chewed by my mother almost everyday, I finally made an appointment to start the search all over for the right medication. I still don't think I'm on the right medication. So I have an appointment next week to get my blood work re-checked. Hopefully, this will help fix the root of the problem.
I'm still thinking about my goals.
-This weeks goals:
~ work out 5 days this week
~ run at least 3 days
~ try a new recipe
~ defeat temptation for sweets - even when boyfriend is eating it right in front of me
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Ash

No comments:
Post a Comment