Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Weigh In #5

Weigh In #4: 181.8
This Week: 182.6
Result: + 0.8

The results from last week aren't as bad as I was expecting!

Last weekend, my boyfriend and I went to my mom's house from my 21st birthday/Mother's Day. We had a blast! We were supposed to go up Friday evening, but I ended up getting sick. So we woke up early Saturday and made the 3 hour drive. Once we got there, we went to a local Mexican food restaurant for my FIRST LEGAL DRINK! I ordered a mango margarita and was more than delighted to show her my ID! I was pretty relieved, though, when she said they were no longer allowed to sing "Happy Birthday" per management - I would have been mortified. (I think I've mentioned how incredibly shy I am.) Later that evening, we went to another local restaurant, where we chowed down on fried pickles and wings and drank the most delicious Habanero margaritas. We ended the night hanging out at a Tiki Hut on the lake, enjoying the splash of the water, the breeze, and each other's company.

On Sunday, we went to pick up my younger brothers. They are 8 and 10 years old, and probably the cutest and goofiest boys I know. :) The bowling alley in town runs a special on Sundays - 99 cents per game- so we went bowling for a few hours. My 10 year old brother and I were messing with the computer thing that keeps up with our scores and figured out how to alter them. Everyone started getting a little suspicious when the two worst bowlers some how managed to beat everyone! Shh! :-P

Last week was pretty uneventful. It was finals week at school, which means my summer has officially begun. Whoop! I ended up making 3 A's, a B, and a C in my classes so I'm pretty pleased with that. I started working at a laundromat in town about a month ago, and they finally offered me more hours - thank goodness!! I was starting to stress out!

As far as my weight loss journey goes, I've been trying to set some goals. I'm not 100% sure where to begin - I've always had trouble setting realistic goals. Right now, I'm focusing on cooking healthier and exercising at least 5 times a week. I'm a pretty good cook (the boyfriend was pretty skeptical at first) and I've forgotten how much I enjoy it! I really wish I lived in a bigger town that offered cooking classes so I could "broaden my horizons".. but since that isn't an option, I've been searching the internet for different types of health-conscious cookbooks.

Well I guess that's it for now!

Ash

3 comments:

  1. Ok, for one thing, I can't believe I missed the post where you said it was your bday! HAPPPPPYYYYYYYYYY BIRTHDDDDAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! Even though it's a little late. I also really wish I was in a bigger city where they offered cooking classes! Have you even seen the movie Hitch? Wouldn't that be so awesome to go to that place where they were cooking (and he ate whatever it was that he was allergic to and his face swelled up)? Congrats on your classes! I'm sure it's nice to have a summer break! Take it slow if you are going to workout five days a week. Pushing yourself too hard can backfire (I would know!). Good luck! I can't wait to read what your goals are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turning 21 is totally worth the tiny gain! Enjoy it! Yeah, cooking classes would be awesome, but the internet has some good stuff. Used cookbooks on Amazon are AWESOME too, in case you're like me and prefer books to online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ThunderThighs - That would be SOO awesome to go to a cooking class like that!! and yes, I will definitely be taking your advice on taking it slow. I took yesterday off because I could barely move - my hamstrings and whatever muscles are above the knee were hurting so bad! But today I feel 100% better.

    Kelty - I completely agree! I definitely prefer books to the internet.. I ordered a used one online a few days ago for $0.96!! Just impatiently awaiting for its arrival! :)

    ReplyDelete